Call for papers
Call for Papers: SIMS EUROSIM 2020, 22 - 24 September 2020 in Oulu, Finland, please find pdf here
Dear friends and partners,
It is our great pleasure to invite you to join us at the First SIMS EUROSIM Conference on Modelling and Simulation, SIMS EUROSIM 2020, which will take place on 22 - 24 September 2020 in Oulu, Finland. The background of this conference series is in the 60-years history of Scandinavian Simulation Society, SIMS. The conference will be organized every third year by SIMS and the Federation of European Simulation Societies, EUROSIM. The 61st International Conference of Scandinavian Simulation Society (SIMS 2020) is embedded with this first conference organized by SIMS, EUROSIM, the Finnish Automation Forum (FinSim), the Finnish Society of Automation (FSA) and University of Oulu. The Original Sokos Hotel Arina Conference Center in the middle of the city serves as the venue.
The SIMS EUROSIM 2020 provides a forum where automation professionals from industry and science exchange knowledge, experiences and strengthen multidisciplinary network. On the stage visions are presented and shared with old and new colleagues. The SIMS EUROSIM 2020 is expected to participants worldwide in the field of modelling and simulation. The EUROSIM 2016 Congress in Oulu had almost 200 participants from 33 countries. The program of the congress has a multi-conference structure with several special topics related to methodologies and application areas. The programme includes invited talks, parallel, special and poster sessions, exhibition and versatile technical tours.
We are inviting you to submit your contribution to the high standard international simulation conference.
We look forward to meeting you in Oulu 2020!
Esko Juuso, SIMS EUROSIM 2020 Chair,
Bernt Lie, President of SIMS, IPC Chair and
Jari Ruuska, NOC Chair
Save the dates
Thematic session proposals and short abstracts
Proposals with abstracts: April 1, 2020
Notification of acceptance: April 16, 2020
Full Scientific and Industrial Contributions
Full draft paper submission: May 31, 2020
Notification of acceptance: June 23, 2020
Final camera-ready manuscripts: August 14, 2020
Author registration: August 14, 2020
Discussion and Student Contributions
Full draft paper submission: June 23, 2020
Notification of acceptance: July 15, 2020
Final camera-ready short papers: August 14, 2020
Author registration: June 10, 2020
SIMS EUROSIM Conference September 22 - 24, 2020
Areas of interest
Conference topics include, but are not limited to:
- Adaptive dynamic programming and reinforcement learning
- Automotive applications e-science and E-Systems industry, business management, human factors and social issues
- Autonomous systems
- Bioinformatics, medicine, pharmacy and bioengineering
- Buildings and construction
- Circuits, sensors and devices
- Communication systems
- Computational finance & economics
- Condition monitoring, mechatronics and maintenance
- Control of intelligent systems
- Data & semantic mining
- Discrete event systems
- Energy and power systems
- Forest industry
- Hybrid and soft computing
- Image, speech & signal processing
- Intelligent systems and applications
- Internet modelling, semantic web and ontologies
- Mobile / Ad hoc wireless networks, mobicast, sensor placement, target tracking
- Neural networks, fuzzy systems & evolutionary computation
- Operations research
- Manufacturing and workflows
- Mining and metal industry
- Parallel and distributed architectures and systems
- Robotics, cybernetics, control engineering & manufacturing
- Security modelling and simulation
- Simulation methodologies and tools
- Systems intelligence and intelligence systems
- Transport, logistics, harbor, shipping and marine simulation
- Water, and wastewater treatment, sludge management and biogas production
- Virtual reality, visualization, computer art and games
Five types of contributions can be oﬀered to the SIMS EUROSIM 2020 conference:
- Scientiﬁc papers must be written in English and will be accepted for presentation based on a peer review of the draft papers. The peer-reviewed conference articles will be published in Linköping Electronic Conference Proceedings Series http://www.ep.liu.se/ecp/index.en.asp .
- Industrial papers can be submitted as scientific papers. Additionally, industrial papers written in English, Finnish or Swedish can be submitted as full papers to be reviewed for publication in the conference proceedings published by The Finnish Society of Automation. Interesting case reports are welcomed as well.
- Extended abstracts: The presentation at the conference can also be accepted on the basis of extended abstracts without a full paper. Extended abstracts will be published by The Finnish Society of Automation.
- Short papers: Student/Discussion papers should follow the writing guidelines of scientiﬁc papers when applicable. The ﬁnal guidelines will be available in review phase. Selected short papers will be published by Journal SNE, https://www.eurosim.info/journal-sne
- Posters: Submissions are accompanied with short papers or extended abstracts.
Submission schedule in nutshell
EasyChair will be used for submission of all papers and abstracts. The site is open. Please follow the link https://easychair.org/my/conference?conf=simseurosim2020.
All publication material submitted for presentation at the congress must be original and hence cannot be already published, nor can it be under review elsewhere. The authors take responsibility for the material that has been submitted. For further information available from http://automaatioseura.fi/simseurosim2020.
Exhibition and tutorials
Exhibition area is available for presenting products and services. The program includes vendor sessions to give short presentations for wide audience. Tutorials provide an additional option for longer presentations. Please visit http://automaatioseura.fi/simseurosim2020 for further information and registration for exhibition and tutorials.
Technical visits and social tours
Technical visit will be organized by Finnish Automation Support Ltd: registration at http://automaatioseura.fi/simseurosim2020 Links will be provided for social tours arranged by service providers
The SIMS EUROSIM 2020 will be organized in the heart of the Oulu City at Original Sokos Hotel Arina’s conference facilities, address: the 4th floor of the Valkea shopping centre, Isokatu 25, 90100 Oulu.
Oulu, the capital of northern Scandinavia is located on the coast of the Gulf of Bothnia 220 kilometers south of the Arctic Circle and Lapland. Oulu offers the combination of a charming small city, urban Centre and dynamic university with 16 000 students. Oulu has been awarded as the most intelligent community in Europe 2012. The city provides free wireless Internet access to all its visitors
How to get
There are good flight connections to Oulu from all over the world via Helsinki. Numerous only one hour flights per day between Oulu and Helsinki are operated by Finnair www.finnair.com and Norwegian http://www.norwegian.com/en/. Oulu has frequent Pendolino and InterCity train connections with Helsinki and Tampere https://www.vr.fi/cs/vr/en/frontpage.
SIMS EUROSIM 2020 Secretariat
Finnish Society of Automation / Finnish Automation Support Ltd
Tel. +358 50 400 6624
Welcome to SIMS EUROSIM 2020!