Submission & proceedings
Five types of contributions can be oﬀered to the SIMS EUROSIM 2020 conference:
- Scientiﬁc papers must be written in English and will be accepted for presentation based on a peer review of the draft papers. The peer-reviewed conference articles will be published in Linköping Electronic Conference Proceedings Series http://www.ep.liu.se/ecp/index.en.asp .
- Industrial papers can be submitted as scientific papers. Additionally, industrial papers written in English, Finnish or Swedish can be submitted as full papers to be reviewed for publication in the conference proceedings published by The Finnish Society of Automation. Interesting case reports are welcomed as well.
- Extended abstracts: The presentation at the conference can also be accepted on the basis of extended abstracts without a full paper. Extended abstracts will be published by The Finnish Society of Automation
- Short papers: Student/Discussion papers should follow the writing guidelines of scientiﬁc papers when applicable. The ﬁnal guidelines will be available in review phase. Selected short papers will be published by Journal SNE, https://www.eurosim.info/journal-sne .
- Posters: Submissions are accompanied with short papers or extended abstracts..
Further information available from http://www.scansims.org/ and http://automaatioseura.fi/simseurosim2020
EasyChair will be used for submission of all papers and abstracts. The site is open. Please follow the link https://easychair.org/my/conference?conf=simseurosim2020.
Virtual SIMS 2020 submissions
- Full scientific and industrial papers: 75 extended abstracts have been reviewed, Draft full paper submissions is open until July 7, 2020.
- Discussion and student papers: short abstract submission is open until June 30, 2020;
- Industrial extended abstract contributions: short abstract submission is open until June 30, 2020.
Scientiﬁc papers: templates and instructions
All publication material submitted for presentation at the congress must be original and hence cannot be already published, nor can it be under review elsewhere. The authors take responsibility for the material that has been submitted.
All papers should use the following templates LaTeX or DOC:
- The length of the scientific papers should be 6 pages, the maximum is 8 pages.
The peer-reviewed conference articles will be published in Linköping Electronic Conference Proceedings Series (publication level 1 in Finland and Norway). Linköping Electronic Conference Proceedings is an open access archive.
- The length of the industrial papers should from 4 to 8 pages.
- The length of the short papers should be from 2 to 3 pages.
The extended abstracts should be structured into the following sections:
- Title which clearly indicates the research topics.
- Authors, names institute, country and email address . The first/presenting author is responsible for ensuring that all authors have agreed to be co-authors.
- Key words (3-5). Background, Aims, Materials and methods, (Results, Conclusions).
- Maximum length of the abstract is 5000 characters, about 700 words or approximately one A4 page. Figures and tables are allowed and with them the maximum length is two pages.
In the first step, the short abstracts should be minimum 300 words.