Welcome to Automaatiopäivät23!
THE FUTURE OF AUTOMATION –ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE IN THE CLOUD?
— Please note: also call for posters now! Please upload a short abstract to Easy Chair not later than March 25th! —
CALL FOR PAPERS
Papers are desired from all fields of theory and practice of automation
Automaatiopäivät23 is arranged by the Finnish Society of Automation (SAS) and it is the society´s most important seminar in the fields of process-, factoryand production automation as well as digitalization. The seminar program will contain presentations from both the industrial and the scientific worlds. The seminar will be a fantastic forum for networking between educational-, research- and business sectors
Topics covered will include:
- IoT and cloud services
- modeling and simulation
- energy solutions
- process automation
- robotics and machine
- functional automation
- theory and practice
Writing instructions for industrial or scientific papers
Three types of papers can be offered to the seminar:
- So-called traditional/industrial papers, which can be written in Finnish, English or Swedish, will be accepted based on the abstract. Interesting case reports are welcomed as well.
- ”Academic” or scientific papers must be written in English and will be accepted for presentation and publication based on a peer review. Thereafter, the revised versions of the papers will be submitted to Open Engineering -journal for further review. At this point, the seminar board can issue supplement or correction requests for the papers. Accepted and published papers can be used as parts of a thesis or a dissertation.
- Student / discussion papers should follow the writing guidelines of scientific papers when applicable.
- Traditional and industrial papers will be published at the organizer’s web site www.automaatioseura.fi
- Accepted and revised scientific papers will be published as a proceedings publication in ”Open Engineering Automation in Finland 2019 Special Issue”. The authors of scientific papers will submit their papers to the journal for review.
- Title and preliminary abstract: January 7th, 2019 – extended deadline
- Notification of Acceptance: Dec 31st, 2018
- Submission of manuscripts: Feb 1st, 2019
- Review comments: Feb 25th, 2019
- Abstracts for posters: March 25th
- Final versions of papers: Mar 31st, 2019
- Automaatiopäivät23: May 15th -16th, 2019.
Submission of all abstracts, manuscripts, and papers via EasyChair system: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=au23
The abstract should be structured into the following sections:
- Title which clearly indicates the research topics.
- Authors, names institute, country and email address. The first/presenting author is responsible for ensuring that all authors have agreed to be co-authors.
- Key words (3-5)
- Background, Aims, Materials and methods, (Results, Conclusions).
- Figures and tables are allowed.
- Maximum length of the abstract is about 700 words.
Revised scientific papers
- Review comments 15.4.2019
- Submission opens 15.4.2019
- Submission closes 2.6.2019
Submissions in Open Engineering: www.degruyter.com/view/j/eng
Template for presentation slides (ppt) here
Paper example (and more writing instructuions) from here
Word template here
LaTeX template here
Poster template here
Call for papers - pdf-version here
For more information, please contact: Dr. Esko Juuso, University of Oulu, esko.juuso (at) oulu.fi