Welcome to Automaatiopäivät23!
THE FUTURE OF AUTOMATION –ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE IN THE CLOUD?
CALL FOR PAPERS
Papers are desired from all fields of theory and practice of automation
Automaatiopäivät23 is arranged by the Finnish Society of Automation (SAS) and it is the society´s most important seminar in the fields of process-, factoryand production automation as well as digitalization. The seminar program will contain presentations from both the industrial and the scientific worlds. The seminar will be a fantastic forum for networking between educational-, research- and business sectors
Topics covered will include:
- IoT and cloud services
- modeling and simulation
- energy solutions
- process automation
- robotics and machine
- functional automation
- theory and practice
Writing instructions for industrial or scientific papers
Three types of papers can be offered to the seminar:
- So-called traditional/industrial papers, which can be written in Finnish, English or Swedish, will be accepted based on the abstract. Interesting case reports are welcomed as well.
- ”Academic” or scientific papers must be written in English and will be accepted for presentation and publication based on a peer review. Thereafter, the revised versions of the papers will be submitted to Open Engineering -journal for further review. At this point, the seminar board can issue supplement or correction requests for the papers. Accepted and published papers can be used as parts of a thesis or a dissertation.
- Student / discussion papers should follow the writing guidelines of scientific papers when applicable.
- Traditional and industrial papers will be published at the organizer’s web site www.automaatioseura.fi
- Accepted and revised scientific papers will be published as a proceedings publication in ”Open Engineering Automation in Finland 2019 Special Issue”. The authors of scientific papers will submit their papers to the journal for review.
- Title and preliminary abstract: January 7th, 2019 – extended deadline
- Notification of Acceptance: Dec 31st, 2018
- Submission of manuscripts: Feb 1st, 2019
- Review comments: Feb 25th, 2019
- Final versions of papers: Mar 25th, 2019
- Automaatiopäivät23: May 15th -16th, 2019.
Submission of all abstracts, manuscripts, and papers via EasyChair system: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=au23
The abstract should be structured into the following sections:
- Title which clearly indicates the research topics.
- Authors, names institute, country and email address. The first/presenting author is responsible for ensuring that all authors have agreed to be co-authors.
- Key words (3-5)
- Background, Aims, Materials and methods, (Results, Conclusions).
- Figures and tables are allowed.
- Maximum length of the abstract is about 700 words.
Revised scientific papers
- Review comments 15.4.2019
- Submission opens 15.4.2019
- Submission closes 2.6.2019
Submissions in Open Engineering: www.degruyter.com/view/j/eng
Paper example (and more writing instructuions) from here
Call for papers - pdf-version here
For more information, please contact: Dr. Esko Juuso, University of Oulu, esko.juuso (at) oulu.fi